Skateboard Gear Essentials: What’s in Rylie’s Bag
Our girl skate gang is quickly growing and lately we’ve been getting a lot of questions on everything from what socks Rylie wears and why, to what’s in her skateboard gear bag. Here’s a quick glimpse at her current must-haves.
(This post contains some affiliate links to keep our blog chugging along.)
- S1 Lifer Helmet Matte Purple Size Med. – Your kiddo’s noggin is worth the investment. S1 Helmets are certified and come with an inner liner that can be replaced with different sizes to allow room for growth.
- 187 Killer Pads Jr. Six Pack – THE BEST. I was starting to give up on finding a good pair of pads until these came along. In less than a year we had already gone through two sets of pads and a few miscellaneous wrist guards. The stitching was popping, entire straps were falling off and the padding just wasn’t sufficient. 187 Killer Pads are durable, comfortable and cute!
- Pink Helmet Posse 48 – 53″ Mermaid and Waves Deck – This was her dream board and turns out it is the perfect size. She’s happy and comfortable with it, though our mermaid has slowly been stickered over.
- Vans Sk8 Hi Zip – Not the easiest shoe to put on (that’s why we go for the zipper style) but a must for us! The Vans Sk8 Hi protects from boards flipping up and cracking you in the ankle.
- Bones Reds Bearings – Check out our previous post on why we love Bones Reds.
- 54mm Bones Wheels – I won’t claim to know anything about wheel sizes. We were advised by our skate park on a few options and yes, picked these because she liked the graphics.
- Independent Trucks – Again, not an expert on the subject but I do know that what we previously had wasn’t working for us. These have been perfect!
- Pride Socks – Any time Rylie skates in shorts we try to wear some type of knee sock. She prefers Pride Socks because they are very soft and offer a little extra padding and protection for her shins. You’ll want to wear these with a slightly larger shoe to account for the extra padding.